- Right click your start button, click system, and then go to advanced system settings
- Go to hardware tab and go to device installation settings
- Click no, then click Never install device software, then click okay.
- Open Device Manager
- Go under the sound field, select VIA HD Audio, and uninstall the driver, then restart your computer.
- Go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930 - download the .diagcab file. (Windows 10 has removed the ability to blacklist updates without using this file)
- Go through the steps and choose to ignore the VIA HD Audio update that is queued up.
Update for Windows 10 Threshold - 15NOV15
- Open device manager
- Go under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers
- Open VIA HD Audio, click uninstall
- Click action, scan for new hardware changes
- Wait for VIA HD audio to show up again
- Open VIA HD Audio, go to second tab
- Rollback drivers
- Open wushowhide
- Blacklist VIA HD Audio update