When registry entries are made to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
Shadow key area.
For any new user, registry entries are copied form the Shadow key to the User's
Profile in registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER).
This is to make sure that an application installed on the Terminal Server can run
under any users profile.
Key:- Default user key HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Softwa
Value Name:- tscuninstall
Value Type :- REG_EXPAND_SZ
Value Data:- %systemroot%\system32\tscu
This value is responsible for the following:-
(1) Deletes short-cuts on the desktop with the target "mstsc.exe".
(2) Deletes the "Terminal Services Client" and "Terminal Server Client" entries
from the Start Menu.
(3) Deletes the client files from Program Files.
(4) Removes registry key that do not contain user settings.
(5) Uninstalls the TSAC MSI files using MSI routines.
(6) Run mstsc.exe /migrate to migrate settings from the registry into RDP files.
Thus the purpose of having TSCUPGRD.EXE in Runonce is to migrate any old Terminal
Services client settings to the newer RDP Client and uninstall Terminal Services Client.