- Behavior-based protection guards against unknown threats
- Well designed and intuitive interface suitable for novice to expert users
- Out-of-the-box protection pre-configured for optimum protection
- Can be used conflict-free alongside existing antivirus and security solutions
- Free for home/non-commercial use
Saturday, April 18, 2009
PC Tools ThreatFire
PC Tools ThreatFire provides behavior-based protection to guard against new and unknown threats which signature-based scanners might otherwise miss. ThreatFire runs in the background, monitoring each programs actions, quarantining programs it knows to be bad and alerting on those it considers suspicious. ThreatFire can easily run alongside installed antivirus or other security software, making it an ideal adjunct to existing protection. Even better, the program is completely free for home use.