Bienvenido! - Willkommen! - Welcome!

Bitácora Técnica de Tux&Cía., Santa Cruz de la Sierra, BO
Bitácora Central: Tux&Cía.
Bitácora de Información Avanzada: Tux&Cía.-Información
May the source be with you!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More grub probs with SW RAID

Code:
grub>
find /boot/vmlinuz
(hd0,1)
I've been trying to get my raid to boot from grub2 for about 2 days now and I don't seem to be getting closer. The problem appears to be that it doesn't recognize my raid at all. It doesn't see (md0) etc. I'm not sure Why or how to change this. I'm using mdadm, 2 device (essentially a raid1) raid10,f2, which is currently degraded.
I have tried adding the raid and mdraid modules with grub install along with others. I've tried several variation on grub-install such as grub-install --debug --no-floppy --modules="biosdisk part_msdos chain raid mdraid ext2 linux search ata normal" /dev/md0
I've been searching the net for an answer to what I haven't done but no luck. On my other drive which I plan on removing the raid is initialized and mounted fine on boot, but it's not the boot/root for that setup. My grub.cfgisn't recognized by grub since it can't read the raid partition so I'm not posting that. md0 is not listed in my/boot/grub/device.map.
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-230306.html
But you had a bootable system with that setup?
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=120802
..perhaps you just messed the boot order?
http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2004-07/thread00053-0.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I created one on my first disk and made sure the two disks matched and all.

The install went perfectly fine, but when I reboot i get:

Code:
Starting up ...
Loading, please wait...
mdadm: No devices listed in conf file were found.
and nothing happens.

where is the config file stored? how do i get it to reassemble my raid disks on boot?

thanks! bahhh... i fixed my problem by removing 'savedefault' from the grub config



No comments: