How Did I Get Infected With MyStart by IncrediBar ?
- Freeware or shareware: Many times freeware or shareware is secretly bundled with spyware. It is how the developers earn money for the time they spent. It’s a sneaky, but it’s fairly common.
- Peer-to-peer software: Do you use a peer-to-peer (P2P) program or other application with a shared network? When you use these applications, you put your system at risk for mistakenly downloading an infected file, including software like MyStart by IncrediBar .
- Questionable websites: Malicious or questionable websites can install programs such as MyStart by IncrediBar through security holes and automatic downloads, such as video codecs. If you feel your browser is unsafe, consider using the newest version of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer.
- Slow Computer Performance
- Annoying Pop-Ups
- Taskbar Warnings
- Strange new icons and desktop backgrounds
- Internet Browsing Re-directs and Hijacks
- System Crashes
- High Pressure Marketing Tactics to "Purchase Full Version" of software
- You will receive phony alerts such as "Spyware Alert! Your computer is infected with spyware. It could damage your critical files or expose your private data on the Internet. Click here to register your copy of MyStart by IncrediBar and remove spyware threats from your PC."
How to remove MyStart by IncrediBar : There are two methods. The manual way and the automatic way. First – if you want to try and remove it manually (and I only recommend this to IT Professionals!) you must disable all related system processes, adjust all related system DLL files and registry files in the LOCAL_HKEY_USER folder, block all related websites, and delete all program files with the MyStart by IncrediBar name.
MyStart by IncrediBar Manual Removal Instructions:
Remove MyStart by IncrediBar Registry Keys:
How to delete MyStart by IncrediBar files in Windows XP and Vista:
- Click your Windows Start menu, and then click “Search.”
- A speech bubble will pop up asking you, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders.”
- Type a MyStart by IncrediBar file in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives.”
- Click “Search.” Once the file is found, delete it.
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find MyStart by IncrediBar processes.
- Once you’ve found the MyStart by IncrediBar processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill MyStart by IncrediBar .
Warning! Your registry is a vital key to your Windows system. If you plan on making any edits to your registry, you absolutely must backup your registry first in case anything goes wrong. Be forewarnd that a mistake when editing your registry can result in a computer that no longer boots up. These instructions are designed for IT Professionals and PC Experts.
- Select your Windows menu “Start,” and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK” to open up your Registry Editor.
- Registry Editor will open as a window with two panes. The left side Registry Editor’s window lets you select various registry keys, and the right side displays the registry values of the registry key you select.
- To find a registry key, such as any MyStart by IncrediBar registry keys, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of MyStart by IncrediBar ’s registry keys.
- As soon as MyStart by IncrediBar registry key appears, you can delete the MyStart by IncrediBar registry key by right-clicking it and selecting “Modify,” then clicking “Delete.”
- First locate MyStart by IncrediBar DLL files you want to delete. Open your Windows Start menu, then click “Run.” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.”
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press your “Space” key, and enter the full directory where the MyStart by IncrediBar DLL file is located. If you’re not sure if the MyStart by IncrediBar DLL file is located in a particular directory, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, enter “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve located the MyStart by IncrediBar DLL file you want to remove, type “regsvr32 /u SampleDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press your “Enter” key.
Did MyStart by IncrediBar change your homepage?
- Click Windows Start menu > Control Panel > Internet Options.
- Under Home Page, select the General > Use Default.
- Type in the URL you want as your home page (e.g., “http://www.google.com”).
- Select Apply > OK.