error message on your Windows XP computer:
Cause of the Error
- If you have SCSI hard disks and other devices on the computer, check their cabling and ensure that there are no termination problems between the SCSCI devices and SCSI controllers. It is recommended that you regularly check System and Application logs in the Event Viewer regarding SCSI or FASTFAT error messages.
- You must ensure that the drivers for any Advanced Technology Attachment (ATA) hardware or other hardware on the system are regularly updated and are compatible with your operating system.
- System maintenance and security tools such as backup utilities, antivirus programs, and third-party disk managers may generate the error message if they are not compatible with Windows XP. Many times, some monitoring programs and diagnostic tools may come packaged with other software and cause problems on your system.
- You can run diagnostic tools to ensure the integrity of different volumes on your hard disk. You can use the following methods to check the disk volumes for errors:
- Method 1: Perform the following steps:
- Open Start menu, select Run, type cmd, and then select OK.
- Type chkdsk drive: /f and then press Enter.
- Method 2: Perform the following steps:
- Open the My Computer window.
- Right-click the hard disk drive letter you want to check and then select Properties.On the Tools tab, click the Check Now button in the Error-checking section.
- In the Check disk options dialog box, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors or/and Automatically fix file system errors check boxes and then click the Start button.
- The error may occur if the amount of non-paged pool memory on the PC goes down. To resolve the error in this case, you may need to add more memory (RAM) to the PC to increase the amount of non-paged pool memory that is available to the kernel.