Bienvenido! - Willkommen! - Welcome!

Bitácora Técnica de Tux&Cía., Santa Cruz de la Sierra, BO
Bitácora Central: Tux&Cía.
Bitácora de Información Avanzada: Tux&Cía.-Información
May the source be with you!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

error 0x80070035 The network path was not found


================
================
"Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found" while trying to access another PC running Windows 7 Ultimate I searched and read dozens of similiar posts to try to resolve this issue with no success.
The situation is, I have a router in home with 4 PC's connected. My central PC is running Windows 7 Ultimate. The others are Windows 7 Ultimate again, and 2 running XP Pro. No special Firewalls, just have Windows Firewall enabled on all PC's, and am running KasperskyInternetSecurity2010 on all. (Have disabled these on all PC's and tried to view/connect and it didnt make a difference, same error)
Fact one: not attempting a Homegroup connection at all, just simply wishing to connect in a basic network environment where I can drag and drop files between all PC's in my Home Network or in my house , however its considered. But on the Windows 7 I am unable to view either of the XP's only the other Win7, and when I try to access that one is when I get the "Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found".  
Furthermore, while troubleshooting the problem I opened a Command Prompt in all computers, then an "ipconfig" to view each ip address. Then began to ping each machine to determin connectivity. Which resulted in partial success. My main Win7 machine (which i am on now) was able to ping successfully to all machines. But all other machines were unable to ping to me (main Win7). with a 100% loss.
So at least I determined this is most likely a helpful fact in resolving this. Going into "services.msc" I made sure that all the obvious services are started and running:
DCHP Client, Homegroup Listener, Homegroup Provider, Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper, NetTcp Port SHaring Service, Network Connections, Network List Service, Network Location Awareness, TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
All strarted and running in Automactic mode.
Not sure what other information I can give at this point, to help assist in fixing this problem. Please dont hesitate to ask for me for more info if needed. Ready and willing to try anything to get this working, except for reinstalling the OS. All my programs work great and do not wish to go through the drama ao reinstalling all my programs and activating them and redoing all my Adobe settings and CAD settings.
------------------------
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 does include a firewall. If you haven't already, you'll need to properly configure it to allow file and printer sharing over the local area network. Some firewalls work by adding the ip address to the trusted zone.
------------------------
In addition, I would like to suggest the following:
Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP:

1.    Go to “Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections”.
2.    Right-Click on the connection and choose Properties.
3.    Click “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Version 4” in the list.
4.    Click Properties, and then click Advanced.
5.    On the Advanced TCP/IP settings windows, go to “WINS” tab.
6.    Under NetBIOS setting, click “Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP”, and then click OK.

====================



No comments: