The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
go to the hamachi program directory
then cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Hamachi" to go to hamachi installation directory (change to your own path as necessary)
then write hamachi-2 -u
to uninstall the tunneling engine
then write hamachi-2 -i
to install the tunellingengine
if it dosn't start automatically write
to start the engine
Fixing this issue is very simple. Here was what I've done to start the Print Spooler:
1. Click Start, type “services.msc” and hit Enter.
2. Scroll down to Print spooler.
3. Right-click Print spooler, then select Properties.
4. Select the Log On tab, and uncheck the Allow service to interact with desktop setting.
(Microsoft recommends that you do not change the Allow service to interact with desktop setting. If you allow the service to interact with the desktop, any information that the service displays on the desktop will also be displayed on an interactive user's desktop. A malicious user could then take control of the service or attack it from the interactive desktop).
5. Once you have uncheck this setting, select the General tab and click "Start" (the Print Spooler should be able to start without popping up the Error 1053 again).
Upon installing either Hamachi again, or Kaspersky Anti Virus, various services would yield error 1503 again. Uninstalling one or the other (which ever had caused it at time of install) fixed it. So a format ultimately did nothing.
I had no idea what was causing the issue or even what it really was. I tried everything for the print spooler service, when I instead should have been thinking larger. Whatever was in fact causing it was causing issues with multiple services, notably Print Spooler and Hamchi's Engine Tunneling service. They weren't corrupted, but rather something causing a conflict. Doing the 1 second step I found at MS Answers cured everything having an issue from starting.
Run ESET Online Scan
Please do an online scan with ESET Online Scanner. Please use Internet Explorer as it uses ActiveX.
- Click on the Start button next to it.
- When prompted to run ActiveX. click Yes.
- You will be asked to install an ActiveX. Click Install.
- Once installed, the scanner will be initialized.
- After the scanner is initialized, click Start.
- Check (tick) Remove found threats box.
- Check (tick) Scan unwanted applications.
- Click on Scan.
- It will start scanning. Please be patient.
- Once the scan is done, the log will be saved here: C:\Program Files\esetonlinescanner\log.txt.