PortableUpdate is a tool for updating a Microsoft Windows® computer without the necessity to be connected to any network. This is useful in many circumstances:
To update a computer disconnected from internet, PortableUpdate use an external cache to store the updates.
- The cache can reside on any Usb external drive or, via Lan network, on a shared path. Once an update is copied to the cache (the only time that an internet connection is required!), the same update will be used for all computer that need that particular update.
- You'll never download twice the same update for update different computers or for updating many times the same computer. For example, consider that the dimension of one single update can reach 442 MB in size!
- When the update is stored into the PortableUpdate cache, the program will use the standard Windows® Update API services to update your computer.
- As result, you can see the log update in the standard Update History Log as it was done from the normal Windows® Update site!
- For any other technical information, please read the documentation page.