Boot-Repair , simple tool to recover access to your Operating Systems.
- Easy-to-use (repair in 1 click ! )
- Free (GPL open-source license)
- Helpful (Boot-Info summary to get help by email or on your favorite forum)
- Safe (automatic backups)
- Can recover access to Windows (XP, Vista, Seven).
- Can recover access to Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, OpenSuse, ArchLinux...
- Can recover access to any OS (Windows, MacOS, Linux..) if your PC contains Debian, Ubuntu or derivative.
- Can repair MBR-locked OEM computer boot if the original bootsector has been saved by Clean-Ubiquity
- Can repair the boot when you have the "GRUB Recovery" error message
- Options to reinstall GRUB2 bootloader easily (OS by default, purge, unhide, kernel options..)
- and much more ! (UEFI, RAID, LVM, Wubi, filesystem repair...)
Three possibilities to get Boot-Repair:
1) English only: Boot-Repair-Disk is a CD starting Boot-Repair automatically. (English only, 32&64bits compatible, based on Debian-live so Wifi and RAID drivers are old).
2) Multi-languages: Boot-Repair is also included in all Ubuntu Secure CDs (multi-languages, ok for Wifi and RAID, 32 or 64bits, based on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, the 64bits version is UEFI-compatible) and many other distributions (Hybryde, AriOS, PinguyOS...)
3) Multi-languages: Boot-Repair can be installed & used in Debian and derivatives (Ubuntu, Linux Mint...), either normal session, or live-CD, or live-USB. Installation instructions: PPA for Ubuntu, DEBs for Debian
- Instructions for use
- Get support : Email(boot.repair ATT gmail DOT com), Mailing-list, Forum, Ubuntu thread
- Help the project : Translations, Bug report, Code