Bienvenido! - Willkommen! - Welcome!

Bitácora Técnica de Tux&Cía., Santa Cruz de la Sierra, BO
Bitácora Central: Tux&Cía.
Bitácora de Información Avanzada: Tux&Cía.-Información
May the source be with you!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Live CD: serial Mice prob

Alt + F2
luego:
gnome-terminal
luego:
sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf

o
sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf (modo consola)
The serial mouse works fine in Debian Etch xorg!
old serial mouse with Microsoft protocol in COM1
(ttyS0).
Here is the possible configuration:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "Microsoft"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/ttyS0"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout"    "50"
EndSection
Reemplazar en Section "InputDevice"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice" por Option "Device" "/dev/ttyS0" (s mayúscula y número 0)
Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2" por
Option "Protocol" "Microsoft"Ctrl + O --- Enter --Ctrl + X
reiniciar X Window:
Ctrl + Alt + Backspace
I've got an SK-6000 Keyboard on one of my desktops. It's a PS2 Keyboard with a separate serial (RS-232) connector for a built-in touchpad. I use both under Windows98SE, together with a PS2 or USB mouse. Most Linux LiveCDs don't initialize the serial touchpad. Knoppix is the only one I've tried that does. Some arlier versions of Puppy simply ignored serial pointer devices.
I booted up this system with Puppy 4.0 LiveCD to check something altogether different, and found that my InfraRed USB mouse didn't work.
I then tried a wired mouse, and it didn't work either. I then closed X and attached a PS/2 mouse, but no luck there. Instead the keyboard stopped working. So I rebooted.
On one boot with the keyboard, serial touchpad and the wired USB and PS/2 mice installed. only the keyboard and the serial touchpad worked.
I then opened Setup and changed the mouse selection from serial to USB. The result was that the serial touchpad no longer worked, but neither did the USB or the PS/2 mouse.!
On two boots with all three pointing devices connected, the keyboard didn't work, so I couldn't configure X, and had to reboot...
I tried removing the USB mouse and booting with only the serial and PS/2, then the PS/2 mouse was recognized, and the keyboard worked, but not the serial touchpad.
I then plugged in the USB mouse, selected USB in the mouse Setup, and restarted X. No USB mouse, but the PS/2 one still worked.
Next, I ran Setup again, selected the serial mouse, and restarted X once more. Now there's no mouse of any kind available, although three are plugged in.
I rebooted again with only the serial touchpad and a wired USB mouse installed. The Keyboard worked, the serial mouse was active, the USB wasn't. I reconfigured the mouse setup to "USB", restarted X, and no mouse, serial or USB, was available anymore.. Nor was there any way to shut down using the keyboard. Only reset or lowering down could get me back to a reboot.
Then I repeated the last reboot with Puppy 3.01 standard, and got the same result, serial yes, usb no, change type = 0 mice.

No comments: