DAEMON Tools forum: forum.daemon-tools.cc
- Windows 7 beta supporting (SPTD 1.58);
- Protected images creation: Password field on Disc Imaging dialog;
- Compressed images creation: Compress option on Disc Imaging dialog;
- Image Catalog item was moved to the first level of Main Menu;
- mdf-file type association option;
- Languages updates.
SCSI Pass Through Direct (usually abbreviated as SPTD, filename "sptd.sys") is a device driver developed by Duplex Secure Ltd. that provides a new method of access to storage devices. The SPTD API is not open to the public (ASPI from Adaptec and SPTI (SCSI Pass-Through Interface) from Microsoft are documented alternatives). SPTD is used by Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. It is known to be incompatible with kernel-mode debugging including WinDbg and Microsoft's other command line debuggers as well as SoftICE.