BEST IN TEST! June 2009:
99.7% detection rate in antivirus comparison test of
Malware Research Group!
- Comprehensive PC protection against trojans, viruses, spyware, adware, worms, bots, keyloggers, rootkits and dialers.
- 2 cleaning scanners in 1:
Anti-Virus + Anti-Spyware
- 2 guards against new infections:
signature scan + behavior analysis
2 scanners are better than one: Anti-Spyware + Anti-Virus!
- Not just any scanners, but a combination of two world class products - the a-squared Anti-Spyware, and the Ikarus Anti-Virus engine. Latest tests approve that both are cutting edge in Malware detection.
- No doubling of the scan duration as would be the case with two separate scanning programs. Considerable performance improvement is possible thanks to the integration of the two engines on the lowest level.
- Unlike conventional protection systems a-squared Anti-Malware does not only check files for known Malware patterns before starting a program, but it also constantly monitors the behavior of all active programs and raises an alarm as soon as something suspicious happens.
- Typical ways of infection are disabled in advance. Websites that try to plant Trojans or Spyware or that offer deceptive contents are blocked by the surfing protection.
- Signature updates at least 5 times per day, in combination with the zero-day protection of the behavior analysis this guarantees the best possible protection from new infections.
a-squared Anti-Malware provides reliable protection from:
- Trojans, Backdoors, Keyloggers, Rootkits
Trojans and backdoors provide strangers with access to your PC. Once a backdoor is installed, an attacker can take full control of your computer. A trojan is best described as a piece of software pretending to be something it is not - they often contain backdoors, and usually arrive as email attachments. A keylogger is a type of Malware that invisibly records all keyboard activity, whereas rootkits hide on your PC and manipulate internal system operations. a-squared Anti-Malware specializes in recognizing and eliminating these types of Malware.
More about Trojans
- Spyware, Adware, TrackingCookies
Your personal data and information is worth a great deal of money to certain advertising companies. They have no qualms about smuggling software into your system, recording information and spying on everything you do. Adverts that change the start page of your browser also belong in the Spyware/Adware category. a-squared Anti-Malware completely removes spyware from your PC. Traces of spyware in the registry and Tracking Cookies are also recognized.
More about spyware
- Worms, Bots, Viruses
Worm viruses are currently one of the most irritating phenomena on the Internet. Usually transmitted as dangerous email attachments, worms send copies of themselves to all reachable destinations and cause great damage. Newer network worms/bots use security holes (Exploits) to infect a PC, and can reproduce at an astonishing speed. Without your knowledge, your PC is essentially transformed into a spam-sending zombie! a-squared Anti-Malware eliminates worms from your PC and prevents them from doing any further damage. The Malware-IDS also blocks attacks that security holes for which no patches currently exist, so-called zero-day attacks.
More about Worms
Dialers are small programs that change the Internet access number of a modem-equipped computer to a much more expensive number. Costs can rise as high as several hundred dollars per dial attempt. a-squared Anti-Malware prevents dialers from becoming active.
More about Dialers
Stop Malware before it has a chance to harm you. The Background Guard prevents dangerous programs from becoming active on your PC, blocking Malware through the use of unique behavioral analysis technology.
The Malware-IDS in detail
Regardless of whether you are a computer expert or a beginner, you will quickly become familiar with a-squared Anti-Malware. You don't need any specialist knowledge to free yourself from Malware.
a-squared Anti-Malware includes a Background Guard, which recognizes and blocks all dangerous programs before they have a chance to cause any damage. The unique new Malware Intrusion Detection System (Malware-IDS) immediately warns you when a program attempts to perform a potentially dangerous operation. It does this for every program, including those that may appear harmless at first sight!
The following types of behavior are monitored:
- Backdoor related behavior
- Spyware related behavior
- HiJacker related behavior
- Worm related behavior
- Dialer related behavior
- Keylogger related behavior
- Trojan Downloader related behavior
- Injection of code into other programs
- Manipulation of programs (patching)
- Invisible installations of software
- Invisible Rootkit processes
- Installation of services and drivers
- Creation of Autostart entries
- Manipulation of the Hosts file
- Changes of the browser settings
- Installation of debuggers on the system
- Simulated mouse and keyboard activity
a-squared Emergency USB Stick
Enjoy full control with manual detection and removal. More advanced users will appreciate the integrated a-squared HiJackFree tool, which lets you analyze the processes, autoruns and ports of your system to manually remove all types of Malware.
All about HiJackFree