You will receive the above error if either of the following is true for the folder in which you are installing Office:
- The SYSTEM group does not have Full Control privileges.-or-
- The Everyone group does not have Full Control privileges.
""If you perform an administrative installation using setup /a, you need to make sure that the file msvc90.dll is installed on the system. This file is required for OpenOffice.org to start after an administrative installation. You can get the file from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... 4B9F2BC1BF""
Once installed try to install open office again and it should work.
- \Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
- \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared
- \Program Files
- \Program Files\Common Files
NOTE: Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- In Windows NT Explorer, select the folder.
- Right-click the folder, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu.
- On the Security tab, click Permissions.
- Select the Everyone group, and then click Full Control in the Type of Access list.
- Select the Replace Permissions on Subdirectories check box.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes to the prompt confirming whether you want to replace permissions on all subdirectories.
- Click OK in the folder name Properties dialog box (where folder name is the name of the folder that you selected in step 1).
- Run Office Setup.