VMware Fusion 2 virtual machine or VirtualBox
See http://www.puredarwin.org/developers/repository for instructions on how to use this repository
|List of all files in Darwin |
build 9C31 which were
available as binary
roots as of today
|297k||v. 4|| Jan 30, 2009 |
|PAM module needed |
to create a user security
session for login.
page under "Users"
for more details.
|2k||v. 2|| Mar 19, 2009 |
This is expected to work.
- with VMware
- Darwin 9 boots in a VMware Fusion 2 virtual machine on a Macintosh
- with VirtualBox
- see VirtualBox
- Works with VMware Fusion 2 on Macintosh, VirtualBox on Linux
- login does not work, user is working as root
- Lots of error messages during the boot process
- X11 does not work with mach_kernel.voodoo
- WindowMaker will not be the default WM
- halt doesn't work reliably, "shutdown -h now" doesn't work reliably
- /var/log gets filled quickly
- No network
- Due to a restriction of VMware Fusion 2.0.1, you cannot run PureDarwin Xmas on 32-bit CPUs such as the Core Duo in the first-generation Intel Macs (Thanks gireesh). However, you can downgrade to VMware Fusion 2.0.0 which seems to run Darwin fine on a 32-bit CPU (thanks Stuart).
Thanks for everyone who has contributed toward making PureDarwin this viable.
At the moment we are looking for a co-location and hardware sponsor so that we can run a PureDarwin 9 server system 24/7 and make available its services publicly.