- Secure backup of all your important files for FREE
- Easy-to-use wizard-driven interface – perfect for beginners
- Restore your data in minutes using common ZIP format
- Back up to most popular storage devices
- Fast, efficient, full-featured backup solution
Features of GFI BackUp 2011 Freeware Edition
Data backup and synchronization
- Traditional file backup and restore of data
- Backup of files which meet a specific group set (e.g., financial files, productivity files, images and designs).
Backup storage options
Full or item-level restore options
Include/exclude backup parameters
The mechanism can filter files according to their file type (for example, back up all .doc files but exclude all .tmp files). This will help reduce your backup storage requirements. GFI BackUp comes pre-configured with a number of group category sets such as ‘Productivity Files’ (grouping file types: .xls, .xlsx, .doc, .docx) making configuring backup tasks even easier. You can also create your own category groups.
Advanced task scheduler
- On Windows start-up/shutdown
Incremental, differential and other backup types
GFI BackUp also provides a version control mechanism (stack backup) that allows you to keep multiple versions of a file in the archives.
AES encryption has been adopted by the National Institute of Standards and Technology as an FIPS-approved (Federal Information Processing Standard) symmetric encryption algorithm that should be used by US Government organizations (and others) to protect sensitive information.
Backup of files that are open/in use
Out-of-the-box, GFI BackUp is enabled to make use of Microsoft VSS to back up files that are in use by other applications such as Microsoft Outlook .pst files.
This means that data stored this way can be restored manually from the backup even if GFI BackUp is not installed. You can choose to create self-extracting archives as well as backups without compression for faster processing and redundancy. If using Zip compression, GFI BackUp can split and span the archive over multiple hard-drives.