Save these instructions so you can have access to them while in Safe Mode.
Please click here to download AVP Tool by Kaspersky.
- Save it to your desktop.
- Reboot your computer into SafeMode.
You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears.
Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter.
- Double click the setup file to run it.
- Click Next to continue.
- Accept the Licence agreement and click on next
- It will by default install it to your desktop folder.Click Next.
- It will then open a box There will be a tab that says Automatic scan.
- Under Automatic scan make sure these are checked.
- Hidden Startup Objects
- System Memory
- Disk Boot Sectors.
- My Computer.
- Also any other drives (Removable that you may have)
- Then click on Scan at the to right hand Corner.
- It will automatically Neutralize any objects found.
- If some objects are left un-neutralized then click the button that says Neutralize all
- If it says it cannot be Neutralized then chooose The delete option when prompted.
- After that is done click on the reports button at the bottom and save it to file name it Kas.
it somewhere convenient like your desktop and just post only the
detected Virus\malware in the report it will be at the very top under Detected post those results in your next reply.
Note: This tool will self uninstall when you close it so please save the log before closing it.
1. We need to reset system restore to prevent your computer from being accidentally reinfected by using some old restore point(s). We'll create fresh, clean restore point, using following OTL script:
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following:
:OTL :Commands [purity] [emptytemp] [EMPTYFLASH] [emptyjava] [CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS] [Reboot]
- Then click the Run Fix button at the top
- Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
- Post resulting log.
Clean up with OTL:
- Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
- Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
- On the OTL main screen, press the CLEANUP button
- Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
3. Make sure, Windows Updates are current.
4. If any Trojan was listed among your infection(s), make sure, you change all of your on-line important passwords (bank account(s), secured web sites, etc.) immediately!
5. Download, and install WOT (Web OF Trust): http://www.mywot.com/. It'll warn you (in most cases) about dangerous web sites.
6. Run Malwarebytes "Quick scan" once in a while to assure safety of your computer.
7. Run Temporary File Cleaner (TFC) weekly.
8. Download and install Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI): http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/. The Secunia PSI is a FREE security tool designed to detect vulnerable and out-dated programs and plug-ins which expose your PC to attacks. Run it weekly.
9. (optional) If you want to keep all your programs up to date, download and install FileHippo Update Checker.
The Update Checker will scan your computer for installed software, check the versions and then send this information to FileHippo.com to see if there are any newer releases.
10. (Windows XP only) Run defrag at your convenience.
11. When installing\updating ANY program, make sure you always select "Custom " installation, so you can UN-check any possible "drive-by-install" (foistware), like toolbars etc., which may try to install along with the legitimate program. Do NOT click "Next" button without looking at any given page.
12. Read How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic2520.html