In this article I’ll suggest a few tip to resolve this problem.
- Go to Start under search type in CMD
- Right Click and Run as administrator
- Then type in SFC /SCANNOW and press Enter.
If there is permission related issue we have to give enough permission to those key.
- Go to Start under search type in Regedit
- If it prompt for administrator password type it in
- There go to Computer and Right click and Click on Export
- Under File name type in Regbackup and click on save
- Right click the key, and click Permissions.
- Click on Add
- In the “Enter the object names to select field, type “NT SERVICE\mpssvc“. Then click “Check name.”
- Click OK.
- Then click on Add again
- Type in Everyone then click OK.
- Then select the account which appears in the list, and add the proper permission for it.
- Under the Allow section put a check mark on Full control
- When this is done, click OK and restart your Computer.
If your system fails to find any infection the last thing left to do is to run a Repair Install on Windows most one or more system files might have corrupted. Follow this post on how to run a Repair Install on Windows 7.
These links may also interest you:
- Windows Firewall Fails To Start At Startup
- Windows Firewall Troubleshooter
- Troubleshoot: Windows 7 Firewall, Diagnostics, Tools.