Bienvenido! - Willkommen! - Welcome!

Bitácora Técnica de Tux&Cía., Santa Cruz de la Sierra, BO
Bitácora Central: Tux&Cía.
Bitácora de Información Avanzada: Tux&Cía.-Información
May the source be with you!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

did not allow the name to be claimed by this machine

The name "   :1d" could not be registered on the Interface with IP address 5.49..... The machine with the IP address 5.49.... did not allow the name to be claimed by this machine.
Source
information about this event at T736044
----------------------
I uninstalled the Cisco VPN client and that corrected the issue for me.
----------------------
In my case, a W2k3 member server (2003 domain) suddenly started to generate this error, at different time intervals. I added the WINS server in the network configuration and the problem was solved.
-----------------------
In my case, I just disabled "lmhostlookup" in WINS (TCP/IP settings) and the problem was solved.
----------------------
In my case, the primary WINS address was wrong on both NICs on the server. I corrected them and restarted Computer Browser service.
----------------------
In my case, I just disabled "lmhostlookup" in WINS (TCP/IP settings) and the problem was solved.
---------------------
I got this error with an incorrect subnet mask on a Windows 2003 Server. I corrected the subnet mask, rebooted, and the error did not re-occur.
----------------------
In my case, the server had a /8 (255.0.0.0) netmask while the other machines had /16 (255.555.0.0). I changed the server's mask to /16 (255.555.0.0) and the problem was solved.
----------------------
This could be caused by loss of network connectivity". See MSW2KDB 
----------------------
This problem is directly related to DNS, and M291382 deals with it. You will also probably see Event ID 1054 messages in the application logs. In this case, a recent application install led to DNS being reconfigured, which resulted in the client losing Domain communication.
-----------------------
I received this message on an XP workstation with static IP and an incorrectly configured subnet mask. When I fixed the subnet mask, the system worked perfectly again. If you get this error, it pays to triple-check that all your basic network settings (e.g. IP address, subnet mask) are correct. 
----------------------
Turning the "Spanning Tree Protocol" feature off solved the problem.

----------------------
I had installed a NIC temporarily for troubleshooting an unrelated problem. I removed the NIC without un-installing the drivers. Event ID 4321 began after I brought the machine back up on the original NIC. There was still IP information in the registry bound to the NIC I had removed. I used Device Manager to remove the absent hardware, which removed the bindings. To get Device Manager to display devices not currently installed, either set the environmental variable or enter at a command prompt "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1".  If you use the command prompt, then on the next line type "devmgmt.msc" to open Device Manager. Go to "View" and select "Show Hidden Devices".  You can then uninstall the drivers for the removed NICs, which also removes the bindings (see M241257 for additional information).
------------------------
In my case, the problem was solved by stopping and disabling the Computer Browser service.


----------------------
´I received this event after installing a new router on a seven PC network running XP Pro with no server OS running. All seven machines had internet access and could ping one another, but attempting to access shares failed. Turning off all PCs, resetting the router, and starting the machines one by one solved the problem. 
-----------------------
NetBIOS code "0: - Upon performing a check of "nbtstat -an" at the server, it lists a status of "Conflict". In order to resolve this, I opened up WINS, right mouse clicked on Active Registrations, Display Records, clicked Find Now, found the     [OOh] record and deleted the entry. I then went back to a command prompt and ran "nbtstat -R", rebooted the server and the error went away and upon a recheck of nbtstat -an, the server name was registered.
===============
Source
look at
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...=NetBT&phase=1

No comments: