What Is SXSTRACE.EXE?
SXSTRACE.EXE plays a key role in the Windows operating system. SXSTRACE.EXE is a vital process which executes dll files and locates their libraries into windows system's memory. If SXSTRACE.EXE error occurs on your PC then the whole system would run unstably and be quite slow.
If it is a virus that destroys your SXSTRACE.EXE or, if for some other reason, your SXSTRACE.EXE is corrupt or gets accidentally removed; you need to take the following action to fix SXSTRACE.EXE error:
Locate a Copy of SXSTRACE.EXE on Your System
Check if you find a copy of SXSTRACE.EXE in the folder C:\windows\system32\dllcache or in C:\windows\ServicePackFiles\i386.
If you don't find a copy on your system, you can try to find the file on your windows installation disks.
- Side-by-side assemblies reduce the possibility of DLL version conflicts.
- Side-by-side assembly sharing enables multiple versions of COM or Windows assemblies to run at the same time.
- Applications and administrators can update assembly configuration on either a global or per-application configuration basis after deployment. For example, an application can be updated to use a side-by-side assembly that includes an update without having to reinstall the application.
"Activation context generation failed for “DataViewer.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.MFC, processorArchitecture="x86", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", type="win32", version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis."
- Before running your application, run
sxstracein trace mode sxstrace.exe Trace -logfile:C:\tmp\MySxSTrace.log
- Reproduce the error by starting your application
- Now stop the trace by using the below command sxstrace.exe Parse -logfile:C:\tmp\MySxSTrace.log -outfile:C:\tmp\MySxSTrace.txt
- Open output file from C:\tmp\MySxSTrace.txt
- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2051A0C1-C9B5-4B0A-A8F5-770A549FD78C&displaylang=en#top (Visual Studio 2008)
- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2 (Visual Studio 2005)