- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, or Linux, or Mac OS X 10.5+. Note that resulting USB drives are bootable only on PC platforms (not on Macs).
- Internet access for downloading a distro to install, or a pre-downloaded ISO file
UNetbootin can create a bootable Live USB drive, or it can make a "frugal install" on your local hard disk if you don't have a USB drive. It loads distributions either by downloading a ISO (CD image) files for you, or by using an ISO file you've already downloaded.
The current version has built-in support for automatically downloading and loading the following distributions, though installing other distributions is also supported: Read more
See Live USB Creation Guide.
Removal Instructions (Applicable only to Hard Disk / "frugal installs")
Troubleshooting If something isn't working correctly, try renaming the plugin to "unetbootin_custom.qm" or "unetbootin_custom_en.qm" (<-- substitute en with your locale here), copy the plugin and UNetbootin executable to your desktop, make sure there aren't other ".qm" files on it, and rerun the UNetbootin executable.
If this procedure works with the standard plugin example but not with the one you're using, it's an issue with the plugin itself, not UNetbootin; if you created the plugin please refer to the guide for Building a UNetbootin Plugin.
Custom UNetbootin Versions
- Auto Super Grub Disk
- Ubuntu Eee
- FUSBi - Free USB Installer
- UNetbootin - Super Ubuntu
- unetbootin_ubuntu_en.qm (28.9 KB) - added by gezakovacs 23 months ago.
- unetbootin_xpud.ts (69.1 KB) - added by gezakovacs 23 months ago.
- unetbootin_ubuntu_en.ts (70.9 KB) - added by gezakovacs 23 months ago.
- unetbootin_xpud.qm (25.8 KB) - added by gezakovacs 23 months ago.
- unetbootin_pfsense_en.ts (69.1 KB) - added by gezakovacs 23 months ago.
- unetbootin_pfsense_en.qm (25.9 KB) - added by gezakovacs 23 months ago.
It can be used with
Smart Boot Manager (SBM), which can boot off CD-ROM and floppy drives on computers with a faulty BIOS.