Go to the Start menu --Run.
[in Windows 7] Click the Start button. In the search box, type run, and then Enter key
- Enter the following in the text box: regedit
- Click OK.
- Find and right-click the relevant registry key for your operating system:
- Windows XP: AuditInProgress in HKLM\System\Setup
- Windows Vista: ImageState in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\State
- Windows 7: ImageState in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\State
- Select Modify.
(image from ingeeknieria.com)
ab ImageState Reg_SZ IMAGE_STATE_UNDEPLOYABLE
- Delete the value of ImageState
- Click OK. and eventually restart the OS
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Google Update Error 0x8004071c
Issue Your computer is currently in Windows Audit Mode and is conflicting with the installation of Google Chrome.
Solution Take your computer out of Audit Mode. Follow the steps listed below.
These steps involve making changes to the Windows registry on your computer. Editing the Windows registry is an advanced process, so you might want to contact your system administrator for help.