- check_command – The command used to check the status of the device.
- max_check_attempts – How many times will Nagios retry the status check.
- check_period – How often are the checks made.
- process_perf_data – Enable the processing of performance data.
- retain_nonstatus_information – Enable the retention of non-status information across reboots.
- notification_interval – How often are notifications sent to inform the administrator this host is not okay.
- notification_period – How often are notifications sent out.
- notification_options – The options shown are w – send notifications on “warning” state, u – send notifications on “unknown” state, and “r” – send notifications when a service stops flapping (when a service changes frequently).