FRITZ!BoxFast Internet, secure WLAN, convenient telephony - combined in one device.more
1&1 FRITZBox Homeserver 7390 NEU OVP 5 Jahre Garantie
FRITZ!FonHD telephony, Internet services and music - FRITZ!Fon fits perfectly with your FRITZ!Box.
FRITZ!WLANAll you need to securely connect your PC with the wireless network.
FRITZ!Box is a series of residential gateway devices produced by the German company AVM GmbH. The series has a market share of 68% in the DSL consumer equipment in Germany.
FunctionalityThere are several FRITZ!Box models available, but the most popular are the ones that combine DSL and SIP VoIP. Functionality includes:
- a built-in ADSL modem (most models), or an ADSL/VDSL modem (73xx series), or a cable modem (63xx series), or an LTE modem (68xx series).
- a built-in LAN-WAN router.
- most models also have a built-in network switch. Older models support 10/100 Mbit/s Ethernet while the newer models additionally support Gbit (1000 Mbit/s) Ethernet.
- models with "WLAN" in their product designations can also serve as a wireless access point.
- all 'WLAN' models support 2.4 GHz band IEEE 802.11b (11 Mbit/s) connections. Additionally, all 'WLAN' models since 2003 also support the 2.4 GHz 802.11g (54 Mbit/s) standard.
- several newer models also support the 5 GHz IEEE 802.11a (54 Mbit/s) and 2.4 GHz/5 GHz IEEE 802.11n (54 Mbit/s—300 Mbit/s) standards. The x270 (7270, 3270) models can be configured for either 2.4 GHz b/g/n or 5 GHz a/n, while the x390 (7390, 3390) models have two transceivers and so can be configured to handle both bands simultaneously.
- models with "Fon" in their product designations also support telephones
- they have a PABX for two ISDN and/or analog phones. Several newer models (FRITZ!Box 7270, 7390, 6360, 6840) also have a DECT base station for cordless phones. These models also have an integrated digital answering machine.
- they support Internet telephony (Voice over IP, 'VoIP') connections via SIP. A built-in analog telephony adapter emulates normal ISDN/phone connections for the attached phones.
- most models since 2006 also have a USB port to connect a harddrive, memorystick or printer for local file or printer sharing. The USB port may also be used to connect a second modem, e.g. for UMTS/3GSM/HSPA. Also most models with a current firmware include a DLNA/UPnP compliant server.
Most FRITZ!Box devices come in three versions:
- German version for Germany
- German version for Austria and Switzerland
- International (English) version
The difference is in the use of the available frequency spectrum of analogue telephone lines (POTS). The Annex-A mode is more efficient since it uses the whole available (ISDN+DSL) spectrum. It allows for longer distances from the central DSL Access Multiplexer (DSLAM) to the subscriber. In Annex-B mode the ISDN range is spared (wasted), even for ADSL-Over-Analog subscribers.
In principle, the Fritz!Box can be changed from German/Annex-B to European/British/Annex-A and vice versa by firmware. However, the German version is shipped with German-specific cables and adaptors for ISDN lines. These are difficult to convert to the more usual ADSL connection found elsewhere in Europe. The 7390 model, for example, includes a proprietary split Y cable which is wired specifically for German ISDN lines, and is terminated in RJ45 plugs which do not fit the standard RJ11 ADSL sockets found elsewhere in Europe. The ADSL/DSL socket on the box is also RJ45, and although an RJ11 cord can in principle be plugged into an RJ45 socket, doing so may damage (bend) the other line pins and will in any case prevent the use of the box for fixed-line telephony. The International version comes with specially wired adapters for this purpose which are not sold separately. There are, furthermore, rumoured hardware differences between the German and International editions which have not been definitively confirmed or denied but which, if true, would prevent even firmware-adapted versions of the German box from synching over all but the most perfect ADSL connections.
AVM FritzBox Fon WLAN 3370 7170 7390 = 7570 Router ...
beste fritz!box (100 MBit/s LAN, NOT 1 Gigabit/s ethernet)
AVM FRITZBOX FON WLAN 7170 ADSL2+ ROUTER VOIP VPN FAX
AVM Fritzbox 7390