- » Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, ...
- » Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- » Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista.
- » Brute-force module for simple passwords.
- » Audit mode and CSV export.
- » Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords.
- » LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
- » Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition, Vista included.
- » Free and open source software (GPL).
Important: Some antivirus programs unnecessarily identify one or both of two files included in Ophcrack as a Trojan or other kind of malware - samdump.dll and pwservice.exe. Both of these files are part of an open source program called pwdump which is included with Ophcrack and is necessary for it to work. The pwdump program is classified more or less as "evil" since it can be used to extract passwords... which of course is exactly what you're trying to do.
So don't worry about your antivirus program's flagging of these files (as long as it's just these files). Ignore it