Operating Systems Compatibility
- Windows For Workgroups 3.11 (Win32s required)
- Windows 95, 95A, 95B, 95C (Winsock 2 required)
- Windows 98, 98SE
- Windows ME
- Windows NT4 (SP2+ required)
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP (any, including 64)
- Windows Longhorn Server
- Windows Vista (any, including 64)
2. In order to properly install COMODO BOClean, you *MUST* be logged on as an administrator/owner. A reminder screen will appear when started to warn that it must be installed under the administrator/owner. It's NECESSARY to ensure that the kernel driver is properly loaded that the installation be done by administrator.
3. Once installed, BOClean will NOT reboot the machine - this is done in order to protect any "works in progress" on the user's machine from accidental loss. However, the kernel driver once installed MUST start at boot-up and without a boot-up to kick it off; it will not be present until the machine has been rebooted. BOClean will also start automatically after a reboot; it is NOT started by the installer based upon the need for its kernel driver to be present. Without the kernel driver, any "test nasties" will not be detected until the "10 second recalibration flash" on the tray bar icon whereas with the kernel driver running, it will do so instantaneously. This is the reason for the reboot requirement rather than just starting BOClean straight away.
4. Note to Vista users: If the installation reports "not responding" the install is proceeding and will be back to you in a few seconds. This is the result of Vista losing track of the window.