Click Here to download HostsXpert
353kb Includes help file (Win98 through Vista)
- Append File - Allows selection of a file to be appended to your current hosts file.
- Replace File - Allows selection of a file to replace your hosts file.
- Merge File - Allows selection of a file to be merged with your current hosts file.
- Create Backup - Creates a Backup of you current hosts file. Backup file will be placed where ever HostsXpert.exe resides on your Hard drive.
- Restore Backup - Restores the backup hosts file.
- Restore MS Hosts - Restores the hosts file to Microsoft's original hosts file.
- Add to Hosts Files - Adds the line item into your hosts file.
- Delete Line - Deletes highlighted line from hosts file.
- Toggle Comment - Toggles whether or not a line is a comment ('#').
- Sort File - Sorts the current hosts file in alphanumeric order, removes all comment lines and duplicates.
- Swap Localhost - Swaps the current hosts file between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0
- Remove Block Items - Removes all blocking lines in the current hosts file.
- Copy to Clipboard - Copies the current hosts file to the clipboard.
- Make Hosts read-only/writable toggle
- Search - Enter text to be searched for, click Previous or Next.
- Open in Memopad - Opens the Memopad built-in to HostsXpert.
Save Hosts - Saves the Hosts file from Memopad.
Save As - Allows you to save the hosts file as a file other than "Hosts".
Save Hosts Exit Memopad - Saves the Hosts file from Memopad, and returns you to normal view.
Exit Memopad - Does not save changes.
Remove Whitelist Items -Removes whitelisted Domains from your hosts file.
Add Whitelist Items - Add the whitelisted domains back into your hosts file.
ViewWhitelist - Opens up your whitelist for direct editing.
Save and Exit Whitelist - Saves changes, and closes the editor.
Exit Whitelist - Exits the editor and Discards changes/does not save the whitelist
Merge with or Replace your existing hosts file with either MVPs Hosts file or HpHosts file.