Nowadays all modern notebook computers set a password to the drive simultaneously with setting it to the BIOS. That is why it is important to understand how the disk drive security works.
- If the Security level is ‘High’, Master password can be used in place of User password.
- If Security level is ‘Maximum’, the drive can be unlocked using Master password only with the erasing of all data on the drive.
Back to BIOS
• Store the password in the BIOS itself.
• Change Master Password of the HDD to protect the user from using manufacturer’s default.
• Change User Password of the HDD. This operation will lock the drive.