Important! If a pop-up blocker is installed, you may need to disable it in order to download the software.
DescriptionThis is a Windows version of the Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. It will test WD internal and external drives. In additional, it can provide you with the model and serial of WD drives attached to the system.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 32/64-bit versions
- Windows Vista 32/64 bit versions
- Windows XP 32/64-bit versions
- Download the Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics, WinDlg_122.zip
- Extract and run the program, WinDlg.exe. If running Windows Vista, you will need to Right-Click on the WinDlg.exe file and choose to Run As Administrator.
- Read and accept the license agreement to continue.
- On the main program screen, there are two windows. In the top window, you will see the drives in your system, that are available for testing. The model number, serial number, and capacity of each drive will be displayed. In the bottom window, the partition information for the selected drive will be displayed.
- Highlight the drive and select the icon on the top row to test or run SMART status.
- The DLGDIAG - Select an Option window appears.
- You will see the following options:
- QUICK TEST - performs SMART drive quick self-test to gather and verify the Data Lifeguard information contained on the drive.
- EXTENDED TEST - performs a Full Media Scan to detect bad sectors. Test may take several hours to complete depending on the size of the drive.
- WRITE ZEROS - writes zeros to the drive with options of Full Erase and Quick Erase. File system and data will be lost.
- VIEW TEST RESULT - displays the latest test results.
- Select the test you wish to perform and click the Start button.
- When the test completes, you will be notified with a pass/fail message. Click the Close button.
ATIWD is based on the award winning Acronis True image Home 2009 backup, restore and disaster recovery program.
- Drive Cloning - Copies the source drive to a new WD drive, leaving all data on the source drive.
- Drive Migration - Erase the source drive after the new WD drive has been imaged.
- Drive Deployment - Enables users to prepare a WD drive so that selected folders or partitions can be excluded from the destination image.
- Drive Image Backup - The long-term usage of the Drive Kit software will be to provide full drive image backups of a source drive at any time. Backup drive images will be stored as a file, which can be copied to any direct attached drive, network attached storage drive or optical media (CD/DVD).
- Drive Image Recovery - The Recovery Manager enables users to restore a drive image from a direct or network attached drive. The Recovery Manager can also either erase just a portion of the drive to be used for the restored drive image, or all of the previous OS.
- Create a Bootable Standalone Recovery Manager - With the Drive Kit software, users can create a bootable ISO image file, which contains the WD Drive Kit Standalone Recovery Manager software.
- Recover a Drive Image from the Bootable Recovery Manager Software - The bootable Standalone Recovery Manager enables users to recover a drive image from either a CD/DVD drive, a direct attached drive, or a network attached drive.
- Download the Data Lifeguard Tools software (Acronis True Image WD Edition and user manual and the WD diagnostic tool) and follow the instructions provided to complete the installation.
- File Size: 151 MB (approx.) Version: 14157 Publish Date: 7/20/2011
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7