- Upgrading to Windows 7 for Small and Midsize Businesses
- Upgrading to Windows 7 with a Standard Image: Overview
- Manual Installation of Windows 7: Overview
- Automated Installation of Windows 7: Overview
- Automated Installation to Upgrade to Windows 7: Step-by-Step Guide
|For a complete view of Windows 7 resources, articles, demos, and guidance, please visit the Springboard Series for Windows 7 on the Windows Client TechCenter.For a downloadable version of this document, see Building a Standard Image of Windows 7: Step-by-Step Guide in the Microsoft Download Center (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=162740).|
|Step||On the technician computer||On the reference computer|
Install the Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK).
Create a Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) startup disk.
Install and customize Windows 7.
Start the reference computer in Audit mode to clean the image.
Generalize the reference computer to prepare the image for duplication.
Capture the reference computer to an image file by using ImageX.
Create new Windows 7 installation media for the custom image.