The HDD Recovery Utility allows you to:
- Create Hard Drive Recovery CDs or DVDs.
- Restore your hard disk drive to the original factory default state.
- Restore just your "C:" drive, leaving any other drive volumes or partitions you may have created intact.
- Restore your hard disk drive to the original factory default state, but without the recovery partition.
- Delete your hard disk drive recovery partition without losing the data on your C: drive.
- Reinstall drivers and applications which were bundled with your computer.
Copying the Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility and the needed system files to a CD or a DVD improves the chance of being able to restore the original factory default state of your hard disk drive in case of failure. It allows you to use the space occupied by the special recovery partition used to store the Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility on the computers hard disk drive.
- Double-click the "Recovery Disc Creator" icon on the Windows desktop.
This utility may also be launched by clicking Start --> All Programs --> Hard Disk Recovery Utilities.
- Select CD, DVD, or All Files (to create Recovery media on both CDs and DVDs).
Sample Recovery Disc Creator screen
- Select the items you want to copy by clicking the checkbox next to an item's name - recovery files, applications (original bundled drivers and applications), or both the recovery files and applications.
- Click "Burn".
- Insert a CD or a DVD into your computer's CD/DVD writable drive, when the utility prompts for it.
The utility will prompt for as many CDs or DVDs required to contain the selected files. If your CD or DVD drive does not support writing, contact Toshiba Customer Support to obtain Recovery CDs or DVDs for your computer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the copy process.