C:\windows\system32>dism /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\lp.cab
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Processing 1 of 1 - Adding package Microsoft-Windows-Client-Language Pack-Package
An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-Client-
Fatal error during installation.
The DISM log file can be found at C:\windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
- There isn't enough space on your hard disk to install the language file. A language file typically requires 200 megabytes (MB) of disk space. Free some space on your hard disk by deleting some files or programs, and then try the installation again.
- You don't have the proper license to install the language file. You must be running a genuine copy of Windows 7 to install and use language files. A Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI) can only be used on computers running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise. For more information, see What is genuine Windows?
- Your computer is missing one or more files that are required to install the language file. For example, if you're trying to install a Language Interface Pack (LIP), you must also install the parent language pack for that LIP. For more information, see How do I get additional display languages?
- The language file isn't compatible with your computer configuration. When choosing files to install, make sure they're designed for your computer's type of architecture (32-bit or 64-bit). For more information, see View your computer information.
- The language file is corrupted. Try downloading the language file again and reinstalling.
- The language file is already installed on your computer. Make sure that the language file hasn't already been installed by following these steps:
- Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.
- Under Display language, look at the languages in the list.If the language you're trying to install is in the list, it's already on your computer.