This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Virtual Edition
- Windows Server 2008 R2 guest OS on ESX(i) 4.1
- You create a backup of Windows Server 2008 R2 virtual machine running on ESX(i) 4.1 by means of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for ESX/ESXi (Virtual Appliance);
- You recover the created backup to the same or new virtual machine on the same ESX(i) 4.1 Server;
- The recovered virtual machine fails to boot with blue screen with error code 0x0000007B:
(!) This has been fixed. The fix is available in the latest build of the product. See Installation of the Latest Update of an Acronis Product.
To resolve this issue without installing the latest build, you will need create a new backup with consistent snapshot, and recover this new backup.
There are two possible ways to create a new backup with the consistent snapshot:
- Install Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for Windows inside the virtual machine and back it up by adding the virtual machine to Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Management Server or by connecting to it from Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Management Console;
- You can also uninstall the Volume Shadow Copy Services Support feature of VMware Tools from the virtual machine and recreate its backup.