Check the disk and file system for errors and try to repeat the operation
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Acronis Backup and Security 2010
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- Acronis Disk Director 11 (all editions)
- You start an operation with partitions, for example, a disk clone with resizing the partition(s);
- Acronis product aborts the operation with an error message that includes one of the following:
- MFT bitmap is corrupted
- Invalid format
- Failed to prepare operations
Error code: 9 'A file system error has been found.'
458,776 'MFT bitmap is corrupted
- Failed to prepare operations.
Error code: 9 'A file system error has been found.' with extended code: 458,780 'Run list is corrupted.'
CauseAcronis product has found a disk error that prevents operation's execution.
SolutionFirst of all, please check the disk for file system errors with the repair parameter:
Check the disk and file system for errors:
- Go to the Command Prompt (Start-Run -> cmd):
- Enter the command:chkdsk DISK: /r
where DISK is the drive letter of the partition you need to check. Please note that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.
- Download SnapAPI 586 and install it with Disabled event logging:
- After the installation, see if the issue persists.
More informationIf the issue persists, please do the following:
- Download the snapapi.dll file, which will enable special logging;
- Browse to %WINDIR%\system32\ and copy the snapapi.dll file to different folder (so that you could put it back if necessary);
- Copy the downloaded snapapi.dll file to %WINDIR%\system32\
- Reinstall the previously downloaded SnapAPI 586 and install it with Enabled event logging:
- Reproduce the issue and get the log file without closing the error window. The log file will be created on the C:\ partition and have the name in "snapapi[date-time].log" format;
- Create a system report as described in AcronisInfo Utility;
- Please send your support request to Acronis Customer Central and attach the log and the system report files to your request.