as part of Universal Extractor ist not malicious software
Universal Extractor Files Detail
If you use the program and copy its executables to another place or disk... disable first all the malware and virus catcher programs
- excellent compression ratio: typically compresses better than WinZip/zip/gzip, use UPX to decrease the size of your distribution!
- very fast decompression: ~10 MB/sec on an ancient Pentium 133, ~200 MB/sec on an Athlon XP 2000+.
- no memory overhead for your compressed executables because of in-place decompression.
- safe: you can list, test and unpack your executables. Also, a checksum of both the compressed and uncompressed file is maintained internally.
- universal: UPX can pack a number of executable formats.
- portable: UPX is written in portable endian-neutral C++.
- extendable: because of the class layout it's very easy to add new executable formats or new compression algorithms.
- free: UPX is distributed with full source code under the GNU General Public License v2+, with special exceptions granting the free usage for commercial programs as stated in the UPX License Agreement.
All you have to do is specify the path to the executable and optionally hide the entries you don't need.
The result looks like this: