Some steps needed to try to "isolate" this...
1) For "Application", "Security" and "System" lists of events: Eventg Viewer -> Action -> Clear Events List
2) Then rebooting.
3) Checking Event View again to see warning or errors.
4) Again clearing all events, close Event Viewer.
5) After trying a cobian backup task again, checking Eventer View again.
Solved it in a very simple way:
In Cobian Backup 10 program go to:
4. in: Service and Application Control; click on Settings
5. in: Volume Shadow Copy Requester; click on Stop; and than on Uninstall
6. Reboot your PC
7. Repete steps from 1 to 4
8. in: Volume Shadow Copy Requester; click on Install; and than on Start
9. Reboot your PC one last time
10. Make your backup using Cobian 10
Volume Shadow Copy Service stopped working
What you should know about Volume Shadow Copy/System Restore in Windows 7 & Vista « Trying To Be Helpful
StorefrontBacktalk » Blog Archive » Windows File Deletion: Going, Going, Still There
Excluding Files from Shadow Copies (Windows)