Laptop Recovery Instructions
Example (for i-Select M5210):
Once the NEC logo appears, press the F11 key
Standard Acer Recovery Instructions
1. Power on the machine
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the “Alt” key and press the “F10” key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click “Restore to Factory Default Settings”
4. Click “OK” to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press “OK” to reboot unit
Asus Laptop Recovery
Tap on F9 when Asus logo appears.. for details, follow link below:
Dell Recovery Instructions
Here are the recovery instructions from Dell.
2. The Dell™ PC Restore by Symantec screen will come up.
3. Select "Restore" or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
4. if you wish to continue, click "Confirm", or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
5. When the utility is finished, click "Finish", or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
To start the recovery, press the F10 key when you first turn on your computer. Tap F10 repeatedly until you see 'Starting System Recovery'.
For more information on EI Systems 3085 recovery (may work with other models), refer to this website.
Here are recovery instructions for HP/Compaq laptops.
2. When the recovery screen appears, press "Next" and then "Yes" to perform a non-destructive recovery.
3. To perform a destructive recovery, click "Advanced" and then "Yes".
4. After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.
To access pre-boot service partition to recover your software:
To get a Product Recovery CD or DVD:
Here are the Gateway Recovery Instructions.
2. Select either "Full System Restore (Destructive)" or "Full System Restore (With Backup)"*.
3. Click "Next", and then click "Yes" to confirm the recovery process.
4.Wait for the computer to restore itself. When it is done, click "Reboot" to reboot the computer.
*Full System Restore With Backup preserves data in the My Documents folder, but requires 4 GB of disk space.
When the VAIO logo appears on the computer's screen, briefly press the F10 key on the computer keyboard.
The VAIO Recovery Wizard appears.
When the Packard Bell logo appears, press the
Recovery procedure for Toshiba laptops (may not work for all models but worth a try).