Monday, October 4, 2010
Can not install a MUI file
Did you attempt to download the update from within Windows Vista or from the Windows Update website?
The error codes mentioned above are generic errors that basically state that an error was encountered by Windows Installer. To troubleshoot these errors, you have to enable logging for two processes, and then try to install the updates again. When you enable logging, the actual error codes that are generated by Windows Installer are captured. As soon as the error codes are captured, you can determine the actual issue and the resolution for that issue. These errors will require you to contact Microsoft Support to resolve the issue. However, you have to do several things before you contact Microsoft Support.
Visit the link below for the steps.
You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
If the steps mentioned in the above article doesn't help, below are couple of links that might come to your aid.
You cannot install some updates or programs
Now, try resetting Windows Update Components.
How do I reset Windows Update components?
Click the Fix Me for the reset to happen immediately.
Once the Windows Update components are reset, try installing the updates again. To do so,
1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
2. Click on the Change settings option in the navigation bar on the left. You will now be at a screen where you will be able to set up how Windows Vista will download and install updates on your computer.
3. Select the option Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them. When you are done configuring the options as you wish, press the OK button to save these settings. You will now be back at the main Windows Update screen.
4. In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
5. You may then download the updates one or two at a time.
6. Click on install updates to install the currently selected updates.
7. Repeat the steps 5 and 6 till you get all the updates you want on your PC.
For further information on installing windows updates, see
Install Windows updates